Monday, September 29

You said Good Bye, I said Hello

WE FINALLY MOVED!  Wow, what a crazy, productive last week.  We'll start with Thursday...my mom and sister came over to help me pack up all our stuff at the old house.  Man, did we get a lot of stuff done.  Weaver Leather had brought over two loads of boxes and we thought we'd have way too many.  But we packed so much stuff that we had to take some boxes over and unload them at the new house.  The builders are awesome and got done a day early!  Good job guys and well done.  It was weird being in the house when nobody else was.  I was so used to workers doing this and that and making noise.  I didn't even hear a cricket (which is a good thing).  So on to Friday...Eugene's mom and sister came over and helped me get the old house ready for the new buyers and we took a bunch of boxes over to the new house.  Then in the afternoon Eugene and I started unpacking.  Then the Big Moving Day came...Saturday.  We started at 9am and had 12 people helping.  Everyone worked so hard even through the rain.  Yes it rained at our house, maybe not at yours.  Wendyl pulled up a weather map and there was a little green dot right in our neighborhood.  But everything got moved and nothing was damaged.  And by lunch we were done!  A major big thanks to everyone who helped!  Sonia and Sheila kindly helped us unpack all afternoon.  Then we celebrated at the best restaurant ever, El Campesino in Wooster, and did we pig out!  It was a fun night, especially after our long day.  It took a few night's sleep till we finally got a good one.  Then Monday our table and chairs and bed came and today our couch and dresser was delivered.  Chip and Jeff have been working on the theater room for the last few days and are finally done...I think.  So tonight I feel like a lot has happened and a lot is done.  Of course there is always more to do tomorrow, but that's tomorrow.

No comments: