Monday, September 1

Closer Every Week


I love to see how the our house has been changing every week.  Last week the beams started going up on the living room ceiling.  They look great, but may need some tweaking with the variation in stain color which can be fixed if need be.  They have about 2 more beams to go this week.  This really gives it the character I was hoping for.
Also the cabinets for the kitchen finally started coming!!  I was so excited when they were delivered, that when no one was looking I had to pump my fists a couple of times in utter excitement!  Most of them are cream with a glaze and the island, which came in later in the week, is stained.  They look great together, even without the doors on.  But I can't wait to see the doors!  I had to wait over 2 hours on the shower door guys to finish so I got to watch the cabinets be delivered, brought in and installed. I might have made them nervous, but it was fun to watch and take pictures.  The island almost didn't make it in.  Since it was so muddy from the rain, they couldn't bring them in through the big glass doors in the sunroom.  So they all came in through the front door.  The island made it by about an inch!  Watch out for those fingers!  They also delivered the laundry cabinets and a bookcase which look great.  The laundry cabinets already have the countertop on.  That is the donest (I know that's not a word, but this is my blog and I'm aloud to use it) room so far.  It already has the vinyl installed.  Most of the vinyl got installed last Saturday and will hopefully be finished by the end of this week.  The wood floor is going in this week too.  Oh, I can't wait to see that!  It is hand scraped by prisoners.  Hopefully we won't find "Get me out of here" or "I'll find you" anywhere on the wood.  
I'm kind of proud of myself with our closets.  I didn't just want a rod and shelf, I wanted more organization.  So I designed our walk-in closet and the two spare closets with shelves and different height rods.  And it turned out pretty good.  
Can you believe we're going to be moved in in less than a month?  I can't!  We've been planning this for over a year and it's almost done.  Soon the packing and unpacking begins.  Anyone have an open weekend, maybe September 27th????  :)

2 comments:

Angie said...

Loved the amish hats in the cupboards. Do those come with the house?

I supposed you are allowed to say udder, as in cows, as well since this is your blog!!

Can't wait to see the new additions.

Mark said...

Sorry, that's the gonest weekend for us in September, I'm pretty sure. Oh, and did you let the guys out after they scraped your floor?