Friday, October 3
This morning our driveway is getting poured. We were hoping that price for concrete would be close enough to pavement and it was! I would much rather have concrete than pavement so you don't have to do anything to maintain it and cause it won't melt your shoes on a super hot day. One thing I don't like is that you have to wait about 5 days until you can drive on it.
Oh well. So this morning I had a dilemma! I thought I'd sneak out the back door to the deck and get this good action picture. After I took the picture I watched them for a little bit and had childhood memories of my dad pouring our driveway at home and my sister and I putting our hand prints in the cement. Then I decided to go back inside. Oh shoot! The door is locked!!!! And all the windows were locked and I'm in my socks! Luckily, I knew one of the guys working (he graduated a year behind me) and he was by the side door to the garage which of course had concrete in front of it but not too much. So I humbly walked over and asked for his help into the garage. And he graciously gave me a hand. Now back inside trying to hanging up curtains!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
No hand prints in the concrete? I do remember a Calvin & Hobbes strip where the daring duo attempted to leave butt prints in freshly poured concrete. I suppose it's too late for you to do that.
Ohhh! Love the brown curtains. Well now you have lots to scrapbook about building a house. Yeah, can't wait to have you come over and try out the cricket, I mean cricut. Chirp.
Post a Comment