So on to the house...IT'S ALMOST DONE!!! Everything continued as best as they could with generators when the power was out. The electricians finished all their work, minus some backorders on a few lights.
The plumbers finished all their work with finished sinks, running water, and everything else. Our appliances are in and look awesome! If I'd have more spare time, I'd make cookies for the workers and do laundry over there! Every time I look at these front loader washer and dryer, I have to give out a "Woo Who". Things are coming together so well that they are already doing the final cleaning in some rooms.
The towel bars are on, the stair railing is installed, the shutters are on, the deck is mostly done (not the railing yet) and the garage doors went on. Now the house can be locked. Trust me because I had to climb in through a window on Monday evening to get into OUR house! I now have the keys. :) Now it really can be locked so sorry if you were planning to sneak in some time and snoop around. Also the carpet has been going in. Yeah! It's made out of corn silk which is wierd but it's really soft. The theater room was the first room done (minus the doors on the stage) so that the theater guys can hook up all their stuff, which they've started.
We actually started taking a few things over last Saturday. We're trying to take the basement things over as soon as it's done just in case it rains on Friday or Saturday and is muddy. "Please Lord don't let it rain till after Saturday." Of course after the theater room, the carpet guys went upstairs so the rest of the basement is not done yet. But it all is going to be DONE in time. Thank goodness! I'm a little sad this is almost over. I know I have a big task of unpacking and getting settled in, but I did have fun building this house. Yes of course, there were moments of major frustration, but not too many.
Tuesday, September 23
Up and Running Wildly
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/school-house-rock-electricity/4254113853 As of last Friday at noon we got our ELECTRICITY back with smiles on our faces again. Wow! 5 days without electricity can make you go loony. For the first 3 days we were at Eugene's parent's who were on vacation and who have a generator. We couldn't convince them to stay on vacation a little longer so we had to move back home to our dark, non-flushing, stinky house with no food. All our food was at the Weaver's and all our showers were taken at the Yoder's (my parents).
But all that is behind us now and we're moving on. Here's a picture of my mom and dad's house that I talked about in the last blog. This monsterous tree fell early in the afternoon on Sunday the 14th. They are still cleaning up from it. But I'm so glad they are safe and that their shower worked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment