Friday, September 12

Welcome to the Weaver Zoo


It's raining today and does that stop me from going on my walk?  Of course not!  It wasn't really raining when I left, but it poured on the way back.  But it was worth it to see everything at the zoo, I mean our new house.  There were 7 vehicles there when I got there.  I had heard that the electricians were bringing the whole crew today and they did, along with plumbers and our builders.  It was wild!  And I loved it, that means things are getting done.  
This week the lockers went in.  I was tickled at how they looked.  I wanted there to be no wood on the bottom so we could just slide our shoes in and not have to pick them up.  Lee (the guy who made it) wasn't sure if he could and I'm glad to see that it worked out.  I have always loved these when I saw them in Pottery Barn magazines and I'm so glad I got one.  They also pretty much are finished on putting all the trim on the windows, doors and floors.  It's starting to look more complete with countertops on, sinks, the basement cabinets are installed, and about half of the drop ceiling in the basement is in.  And once the electrician came (he was supposed to come Monday and didn't show up until Wed.) lights started going up!  It's weird that I forgot some of the lights we had picked out earlier, luckily it all looks great.  We love going around and turning on all the switches to see if it works and what it turns on.  That really makes it look more complete.  Like I said earlier, there is a lot going on today.  The plumbers are also there doing their thing.  The sinks are in, faucets are on, and toilets are in.  It looks like everything is done for them except for the running water.  We love this stage in our house...the getting done stage!  Two weeks to go!

No comments: