A lot has happened in the theater room in the past week too. Jeff Yoder and Chip Anderson are helping Eugene design the layout, buy the right equipment, and install it. Eugene found an awesome deal on red leather theater chairs! Chip and Jeff have wired and framed in where the speakers will go. The sound board and sound track are now installed which hopefully keeps the noise IN the theater and not throughout the rest of the house. Eugene is pretty excited about his theater room.
Another big hurdle that we just finished was picking out paint colors. Now hopefully I won't change my mind! I have my friend Kathy helping me which I really appreciate. The upstairs is mostly goldish tans (which I saw a couple times in the Parade of Homes) and greens and the basement is mostly goldish tan, kind of brick red and green. The theater is dark red and the build outs will be dark gold. I hope it looks as nice on walls as it does in my head.
Today they started laying the stone on the outside. Man, I really like it! I couldn't wait until they started on the outside of the house. There is also a guy doing the stucco in the front of the house. Oh, the porch is framed in now and the stamped concrete is laid also. So things are moving along. Next for me to decide is the countertops and flooring.

1 comment:
Hey, be nice to the drywallers. Just because they're old guys doesn't mean they forget what they're...um...er...as I was saying, I really like the stone on the outside.
Post a Comment