Tuesday, July 22

Decisions, decisions, dicisions


My brain is fried!  I had a long meeting yesterday about the house with Lee (the guy who does all the inside detailed stuff) about molding, framing, floors, cabinets, countertops, shelving, closets and all the details that go with it.  Sigh....But I'm still excited about the choices.  I can't wait for the lockers!  The lockers are pretty much a coat rack/storage/shoe place/bench thing.  Here is a picture of lockers he built for a house in Fredericksburg.  It was cool seeing another house that is few steps ahead of us.  So here are some things that have been going on.  The arches are all done and the cathedral ceilings are done and look awesome.  The basement is all framed in and the framers left for a few days.  I kind of missed seeing Brian, the main framer, because he always made time to answer my questions.  So now it's been mostly the electric and plumbing guys.  We actually met with the electrician and went over all the lights and outlets for 5 hours!  He's a very detailed guy.  So by now they are pretty much done installing it all.  Then the plumbers joined the crowd doing their stuff.  I didn't know you installed the showers/tubs already but I guess you can't install them after the walls are in because of their size.  The central vac guys are almost done too.  That's another thing I'm quite excited about.  I'm getting a "vac pan" which is in the toekick in the kitchen.  All you do is sweap the dirt in front of it and presto, it sucks it away.  I've also picked out the colors for the stamped concrete on the front porch and mostly picked out the lights for the main floor.  I started to meet with my friend Kathy Hostetler to help me with color and all that stuff.  Today Eugene got a call from his dad, who was at the house, and he said there was so many people working at the house, more than he'd ever seen there before.  That's a good thing, but more quick decisions!  The insulation people were there and we still have some wiring that needed to be done.  Luckly all that got decided and I think we're caught up....for now.  

2 comments:

Mark said...

You got painted walls and cabinets in there already? Oh, that's not your house. Ok:)

It's great to see all that progress though. Can't wait to see it.

Angie said...

Love the lockers!! Those arches really do look wonderful!! Thanks for the tour!