
Things have gotten a lot more interesting in the last few days. COLOR! At first it was more than I was expecting but the more I looked at it, the more I loved it. I love how warm it looks. And I couldn't wait until the trim came which I was hoping would tie it all together. And in my opinion, it does. On Tuesday the trim and doors were delivered and oh, was I excited. Of course I tried

not to show too much excitement or they would have thought I won a gold medal. Go USA trim team! :) (I had to turn off the olympics so I could focus on writing this. I'm recording them and trying to stay up to date. I was just watching the part when Nastia Liukin and that
13 year old Chinese girl tied on the uneven bars. Drama! I love it!) Anyway, the doors look great and so does the trim. One of the guys was preparing some of

the trim/casing (I don't know the difference) and when he was done he propped it up against the wall in the foyer. It blew me away how good the color and trim looked together. I just starred at it for a while. Love at first sight! It's such a relief when you're blindly picking colors, trim, flooring and all the details that go with it and they actually look good together in the end. I'm the type of person who spends probably too much time pondering and researching everything before I make a final decision. And then sometimes change it one more time. So far the only "oops" was on the side garage door. Way before

we started Dave asked if we wanted the doors to match the siding...sure. But it's that far off. The siding isn't even on yet, but I know it doesn't quite match. So it will probably get repainted. So far the guys have been working hard this week. Good! Most of the window sills are on and they are hanging the

doors. That really makes it look like a room. And the white doors brighten it up. Now on the other hand, the drywallers are still working in the basement. Is it bad of me to be very glad when they are finally done and gone? At least they do a good job, but is it normal to have drywallers working at your house for a month? I know our house is bigger, but we weren't expecting a month. We're still pushing to be moved in before September 30th, which is the agreed upon date that our buyers can move into our house. It's going to be a tight race. Will it be a Michael Phelps type of race? Hopefully!

That would mean we move in either in good time or by .01 seconds. But at least we'd be moved in.
3 comments:
Good Story!
I like that you included a picture of Eugene in his pool.
Wow guys!!!!
The house looks amazing. Everybody needs some color in their life, don't they?
Post a Comment