
First of all Eugene had a birthday on Friday! Yeah! I love celebrating his birthday. He had a great birthday. And if you haven't heard already, the ribs at Winking Lizard in Canton are out of this world! I'm going back there for my birthday. There were great gifts, ice cream cake, good times with family and friends at Java Jo's and of course the outstanding food. And the best thing is that there is still more to come...I'm still waiting on a gift in the mail and homemade chicken curry with the Yoder family! Yum Yum!
And now back to the house...
As I said in the last post, they are finally working on the outside of the house. And oh, it looks great! We have stone on the bottom around the house and all that is finished and are starting on the front which has more stone. The stucco guy has been working in the front last week too and is finished with one section and should be finishing up on the rest shortly. Or so I hope, so he can get out of the way so the stoners (ha ha) can get in and do their thing. Then we just need the siding which goes on the rest of the house. I haven't seen that yet, so it might not be in. But I hope it is.They put in our sewer tanks and got that all hooked up. Paul said they did a great job at it, so that a relief. We've had some troubles with ours, nothing major. It just doesn't soak up in the ground like it should and was always wet. So we've planted trees over it that do good in wet soil and man are they thriving. Anyway, I think they should be doing the final grade soon so that will be exciting.
And let's not forget about our slow drywallers. They are doing the ceiling upstairs which should be done by the end of the day.
Then I think sanding and then they mozie downstairs, which is already hung, and start taping. But at least while they do that, the painters come in and paint all the rooms upstairs. I'm a little nervous about that. Are sunrooms green? I picked this grassy green color (Leapfrog green) which I love, but I'm wondering if it should be white like most of the pictures I'm seeing. But I guess a white rug and white wicker furniture would look nice too. I have a tendency to change my mind after I've made a decision. I annoy myself sometimes, and my husband, and probably Lee (the guy in charge of the inside). So it's going to stay green. Thanks for joining me on that roller coaster ride of questioning my decision that I already made, doubting myself, and coming back to doing what I first decided to do. Hope you enjoyed the ride and come back soon for another exciting ride of floors and countertop colors!

No comments:
Post a Comment