Tuesday, July 1

It looks like a house now

Good news!  Our house continued to be built without us here.  What a joy it was to get emails of pictures showing the walls go up and the roof on.  When we finally landed in Cleveland, it seemed like we hit the ground running.  Paul (Eugene's dad) was in charge of keeping the builders working and answering any questions.  He did great but was happy when we finally were back to make the big decisions.  And ever since we have been busy trying to catch up.  We've been picking out appliance, furniture, stamped concrete and approve or changing walls.  I was dissappointed that we weren't here to see the walls go up but I think I have more pictures now of it than if I would have been here.  My mom and sister took pictures (thanks guys!) and our builder took a bunch too.  So now I feel like I was there.  So this is what it looked like when we got home, the roof was half on.  Eugene is giving it a thumbs up.  Things are moving so fast which is great!  The shingles are over half done, the basement is laid out, and the windows and exterior doors are in.  Next week they should finish the shingles, install the windows and doors, pour the porch and basement, and finish the walls.  Good job guys!

No comments: