Monday, November 17

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


This weekend Eugene and I just couldn't wait!  We were so pumped for Christmas that we bought another christmas tree and set up all our christmas decorations.  We now have 2 trees because we couldn't decide if the tree should go in the living room or by a window so you can see it as you drive in.  Now we have them in both places.  Eugene decorated old one (which is 6 yrs old and looking great) and I did the new one.  It's never fun making all the branches look good on a new tree for the first time and this one was a frosted tree, like snow.  So not only did my hands get all scratched up, it also made a mess on the floor from all the flakes.  You can it on my sleeves.  I may look like I'm having fun but that's the lest fun thing about decorating a tree.  My perfectionism comes out and it takes me a long time.  On Saturday while I was decorating my tree and it was pouring down rain.  I saw it was 56 outside and wished it would be snowing to add to the christmas spirit.  Well as we all saw by now, my wish came true!  It was somehow snowing by the evening.  I love to watch it snow by the christmas tree, listening to christmas music, staying warm by the fire where our stockings are hung.  Oh, the joys of christmas! I hope I got you all in the christmas mood or maybe I annoyed you because it's still 38 days away.  Yes, I started counting.  :)  Well, now I think we're going to watch our first christmas movie!!  The Happy Elf!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Christmas already? And two trees? Wow. I think you should put a Santa up on your chimney, though.

You do look like you're having fun, Joanie. Eugene looks like he's had about enough fun. And that's a really cool shot of the lighted tree with the snow in the background.

Happy Elfing!

Angie said...

This is so unusual that you guys are into Christmas already!! HaHa! Pretty soon you will be sending out wish lists in October! ;)