Wednesday, October 22

Home Sweet Home


Things have finally slowed down at the Weaver household.  I'm excited to say there has been nobody here working on the house since last Friday!  It's so nice to have our house to ourselves and to be done (minus a few backordered lights that are coming hopefully by the weekend).  I was always nervous that people working outside were watching me inside.  Not having curtains and blinds for a couple of weeks didn't help the matter either.  And it's quite odd when someone is working inside your house or those couple people that aren't used to us now living here how just walk on in without knocking.  The last few times they'd said "hello?" as they walk in, so I guess that was a start.  But they're done now so hopefully if they ever need to come back years down the road, they'll knock.  So our driveway is done, the generator is hooked up (sigh of relief) and the yard is put in.  Putting in the yard was quite an ordeal.  They were supposed to come on Oct. 9 or 10.  I kept trying to call them earlier in the week but kept getting either a guy at home with pneumonia or the guys brother on vacation somewhere.  These guys are amish if you didn't figure that out.  Finally Friday afternoon he called me back and said the crew will come on Monday, but he was going to be on vacation.  Of course.  So Monday and Tuesday the yard went in and they cleaned up the tree line along the driveway which was good.  But rain was coming and the straw was not being delivered until Wednesday.  I prayed hard as we waited on the straw and those green clouds kept coming closer on the weather map.  And "praise the Lord" he answered!  It was the coolest thing!  As they started spreading the straw on the lawn, I was inside watch a green cloud come to Millersburg and then break up into 2 clouds, leaving us dry.  I actually recorded it with my camera video but I don't know how to put it on here.  But all the straw down and now we just need some warm days.  The house is rumbling as I'm typing.  I would guess that this is what a small earthquake feels like.  But we love the theater room, especially Eugene!  :)  So far I've watched the new James Bond (totally awesome!), Out of Control (Nate's movie), Speed Racer (Eugene calls it candy for the eyes...it's very bright & colorful) and 3:10 to Yuma (great western).

We were happy to celebrate our 5th anniversary in our new house on Oct. 4th.  I feel so blessed to have this house and such a wonderful hubby of 5 loving years.  He's the BEST!  We went down to Columbus for a weekend to shop, eat great food and relax together!  This was the first time we went to German Village.  Wow, what a cool community!  But it's good to be home again.  Can't wait for another 5 years with my wonderful husband and another 5 and many many more.  I feel so blessed!

No comments: