Thursday, May 7

Landscaping:In the beginning....

This week has been so exciting for me.  The landscaping is getting done!  Gardening is my favorite hobby and I have been working on this soon after we moved in (last October).  I'm a very detailed person (get that from my dad) so I've been looking up every kind of flower I might want and taking notes.  I actually took a plain recipe box, glued flowers on it, and started making a 4x6 card for each flower.  My goal is to be able to name every flower in my garden.

Yoder Greenhouse is doing the landscaping, the crazy amish man.  They're reseeding the yard and fixing the sink holes.  I had a ditch so big that I got the mower stuck in it when I mowed the first time.  They are also doing the flower beds which is what I'm really excited about.  I'm even attempting a patch of wild flowers.  It will be in the strip here after the newly seeded grass in our front yard.  They keep saying it's so easy and you don't have to do anything but it seems to good to be true.  I guess I'll find out.  As for the rest of the landscape, I love it too!  I am quite tickled with how the sidewalk turned out.  They had brought in big flag stones and had to break them into pieces.  This took a lot of time but I think it was worth it.  They have been working all week and I thought today it was going to rain.  But it didn't and they were able to get a lot done including most of the mulch.  Mulch makes it look so complete.  I will be adding more flowers myself soon.  I found great deals online which is great for the budget but I'm also kind of nervous if they will be healthy plants.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I had to reward the workers with some homemade cookies today.  There were 3 guys, so I gave them 6 cookies.  I didn't realize one had left to get more mulch so I think these two piggies eat 3 each!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Looks wonderful. How fun. I love the sneaky cookie eating picture!!

Erik said...

Nice pathway!