Wednesday, March 25


These warm rainy days make it feel very springish. And, oh, I can't wait for spring! Flowers and flowers and more flowers! Right now I'm in the process of designing my flower beds with a crazy amish guy, Nelson. And yes he really is wild and crazy, which makes it fun. He put in our yard last fall (which only got a little start) and is putting in our trees, flower beds and shrubs. I'm doing all the perennials and I can't wait! I'm going crazy because I don't have any spring bulbs coming up. I love that part...watching for crocuses to peak up and tulips and daffodils to bloom so happily. I've driven very slow past my old house to see if I can see anything but it's too far away. Maybe once they start blooming. I hope she take good care of my babies (I call my flowers my babies). I guess they are her babies now. But there is still that attachment. I still tenderly look at the flowers I planted at my Millersburg house when I drive by...it's usually a mess. I can't wait to plant some new babies. I already ordered some...or a lot! I found this website Graceful Gardens that specialize in cottage gardens, which is the style I'm after.  They aren't coming until the begining of May, which is good but so far off.  I hope they are healthy and all flourish in my flower beds.  It was a super good deal and they seem to be a very cute flower lovin' nursery.  I also had to order some bulbs while they were on sale, but they won't come until the fall.  I also am itching to plant some seeds indoors.  I'm thinking maybe next week.  I can't wait!  The sunroom is finally going to get used.  I never had a place for flowers inside at our old house so I am quite excited about it.  I will keep you posted on my progress.  Happy Spring!

No comments: