Wednesday, January 21

Viva Las Vegas!

I guess I'm starting this year out a little late...with blogging at least. I finally caved in and am now on Facebook so I'm behind on my blogging.  Sorry about that.  If you're on Facebook, look me up. Anyway, the last 2 months have been quite busy and also relaxing. Eugene was on vacation over Christmas and New Years which is always fun. Though I don't seem to get my chores done because I just want to veg with him. Then in the beginning of January we went to Las Vegas to CES (Consumer Electronics Show). We decided to go a few days early, since I had never been there, to all the hotels and eat great food. Wow! Was I impressed. You truly have to see the hotels in person to know how big they are and how beautiful.  And the food was outstanding!  Our favorite places to eat were at the Paris hotel.  The buffet was the best buffet I've ever eating at.  I think I ate as much dessert as I did the main meal.  Our hotel was awesome too.  We stayed at the Excalibur which was connected to Luxur and Mandalay Bay so we could walk to them without going outside.  We had a great view of the Strip from our window, mainly New York, New York and MGM.  The thing we loved the most about our hotel was, of course, the FRESH Krispy Kreme donuts.  We ate some every day, including 6 the first morning!  If you've ever had a Krispy Kreme fresh off the line, you know how they melt in your mouth.  Nothing can beat a warm donut.  My mouth is watering....where's my Krispy Kremes!!
One night we decided to catch a show and found a deal on David Copperfield.  We were so close, 2nd row in the center.  Then Eugene told me that he usually picks people out from the crowd to help him do his tricks.  We both started to get nervous, though I was hoping he'd pick Eugene and he was hoping he'd pick me.  Well, we both made it by without having to go on stage.  I still wish Eugene could've helped him for one trick to see if he could figure it out.  Because how do you all of a sudden make a car appear on pillars right in front of your eyes?!  It was a great show!  We also saw the Bellagio fountain display which was so cool.  It was to Frank Sinatra's "Luck Be a Lady".  I kept wondering where Oceans 11 was filmed.  I need to watch those movies again.  After that we went up to the top of the Eiffel tower (where the first picture is taken).  By then it was starting to get dark so you could see all the bright lights.  We even saw the Bellagio fountain display from up there!  It kind of reminded us of when we were at the real Eiffel tower in Paris.  Good memories!  Mandalay Bay was having a Shark Aquarium that you could walk through.  They had walkways that had water all around you, like a tube that you walked through.  It's kind of hard to tell, but that's a shark swimming in front of Eugene.  They also had all kinds of fish, jelly fish, an octopus, and stingrays that you could touch.  Of course I touched the biggest one and then he kept coming in front of me and staring at me.  It freaked me out!
I'm sure you're wondering if we gambled...of course!  I believe we gambled $5 and left with $.06.  There are too many other things to do than throwing money away on chance.  Like spending it on raspberry creme burlee!

3 comments:

Mark said...

Welcome back to Blogville. I checked at lost and found, I thought maybe you were sitting there in a dusty bin.

I love the picture of the Strip, makes me completely jealous. And the Krispy Kremes. I wish for Krispy Kremes now. Alas...

Looking forward to more pictures, maybe next weekend.

Angie said...

Sounds like good times.

Schlegels said...

Joani, tell you me you ate some ice cream. The rasberry creme whatever looked good, but chocolate ice cream with Hershey's syrup and whip cream is tough to beat. Hope you guys had a great time.